Sep 1, 2007

Cardiff By The Sea

Well it looks like I finally figured out that throwing stuff away immediately after creating it isn't exactly a good practice. Generally, if I'm working on a piece of art and I decide that I don't like it, I trash it. That's come back to bite me in the butt a few times when I've realized that I should have kept whatever it was.

I've been quickly trying to get some mock-ups together for a band called We Shot The Moon. I was originally told that a possible idea for the title was "Cardiff By The Sea," and I started making some stuff based on that. I was later told that the final title had been decided on, and it was "The Polar Bear & Cougar." I came really close to closing the window I was working in without saving, since the design seemed to not work now. I changed my mind, however, and saved it.

Then last night, at 2am, I decided to open that file again to take a look at it. I made 3 simple changes to it, and now it looks like it's been approved as the cover. Thank goodness I saved it. I'm happy with me today.

No comments: