Sep 25, 2007

Have I No Shame?

I spent a little while showing a friend of mine some designs over the old iChat tonight. I showed him one in particular that I re-designed from a previous mockup that another client of mine had turned down. I thought he'd find it interesting, so I showed him the previous mockup and then for good measure I showed him the mockup previous to that one. This was the 3rd version of a design that I loved, but that my clients didn't.

I started looking through my client folder and started singling out the designs that I've done up for more than one client. In particular, there's 3 designs out for approval right now that I previously mocked up for at least 2 clients each. I love these designs, dang it all. They're my babies. My clients just don't see their beauty. I'm so lucky as a designer to work in a field that allows me to whore out my creations like this.

You'd think that I'd get the message that maybe these designs just aren't good. Nope. That's incorrect thinking. I'll thank you to get away from me with that negativity.

Somebody's going to like my shirt design that has a plate of bacon and eggs and a glass of orange juice with a smile on its face. You'll see.

No comments: